Here is my report on the noble of the new comers who are making such a name for themselves. In the past 2 weeks I have observed the following behaviours:
1) He has been actively working to undermine House Rasivrien by constantly haranguing patrons of their slave dens. I know not the motivation nor strategy for such an open assault but given his unnatural size and strength and his known fighting prowess, he is making an not inconsiderable impact, for all that he only talks.
2) He can also been seen regularly stumping in the produce market telling passersby about the power of “the light” (as if we don’t know) and how only by embracing the light and stepping into the light can we defeat our foes. His obvious vendetta against House Misraria has them shoring up their defences. The House of spies has been caught completely unprepared for this campaign and with careful positioning and support, we can eliminate some of their more prominent and successful figures, when they come to silence the fool. We have harvested 6 lesser talents already.
3) He has been seen loitering at one of House Sardavic’s ‘theatres’ and has begun to ingratiate himself with them. It turns out that this odd noble is a moderately talented actor and apparently is seeking to sell a play like none seen here before – the 7 bloody trials of larazod or some such thing. We have yet to determine his angle or motivation for cultivating a relationship with such a minor house, but see a tenuous link to his vendetta against Misraria. We will continue to monitor developments.
4) Despite his position within our organization and his obvious nobility despite his fall , he has paid full market value for all of his products and services and does not haggle or even attempt to obtain what is rightfully his as his despite obvious personal power. Why he continues to mock House Vexidyre with his bold but subtle denouncing of their mercantilism but there have been other merchants and patrons who have begun to refuse to play the commerce game and if it hasn’t, it will begin to cost Vexidyre soon.
5) Although generally genial (an obvious ploy to throw opponents off guard) his true sadism appears around certain of our animals. He has been seen kicking cave badgers and other animals into the street, but then pauses to clean the lizards that goes into a bit of muck. His vicious attacks show us what lies beneath his placid exterior
6) Oddly, he blocked the market pathways several times to ‘assist’ several people across the avenues, despite their ability to do so. He resisted award and was instrumental in thwarting 2 assassination attempts. No one has seen him ‘dip’ into any pouches but it’s just a matter of time before he is caught.
7) Equally odd is his bodily tossing 3 different merchants into the streets for “unscrupulous” practices. It was rumoured that Vexidyre is seeking to employ Sardavic or Rasivrien to finish the fool, but his foolhardiness is suggestive of vast and powerful resources and Vexidyre is moving slowly as it tries to identify his backing.
We have yet to determine why he is trying to establish relations and cultivate an alliance with Sardavic while antagonizing so many other houses. Though it remains to be seen whether his approach will destabilize Vexidyre enough for us to take more direct action, his association with us is painting a target on the whole house, not just himself. We will want to monitor the situation closely.
There is one final oddity that I mention despite its tenuous connection to him is the destruction of all of the whips in the torture chamber have been hacked or bashed to pieces. There are also very few in the market place.. We are still investigating …